Friday, October 15, 2010

Did you have a need for information today? If so how did you go about finding it?

I did have a need for the information presented in class today. The search directories select links that have already been varified as "R.E.A.L." A "R.E.A.L." site, is a legitimate site. Also, the directories are beneficial because if I have to do a report on art I can go through the breadcrumbs if I'm not sure what kind of art I'd like to do a report on. However, one bad thing about search directories is that if I'm specifically searching for a sneaker I want to buy such as, "original white/red/black air jordan 1's" I most likely won't find a site on a web directory. Then I would have to use a search engine. The information presented today and yesterday is very helpful, especially when doing projects for school.

1 comment:

  1. That's right, search engines are much better for searching for specific information. Also, what you are calling "search directories" are called subject guides or Web directories. I don't want you to get confused.

    ReplyDelete