Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What would you like to know more about the material?

I do not want to know that much more about URL’s. However, I’m still somewhat curious what the combinations of numbers and letters mean. I know a “~” or a “%” mean that the website is a personal website. However, on a lot of websites I visit such as nikestore.com there are many letters and numbers after the initial domain name. I find this rather confusing. Also, here’s an example of what I am talking about:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/#l=shop,pwp,c-1+100701/f-4294967157/hf-10002+12001/t-Men's_Sportswear_Shoes

1 comment:

  1. Good question Glenn. I don't know the answer. I think it's something that happens internally within the site's own search engine. I did a cut and paste and it brought me directly to the page you were looking at. Sometimes links that look like this are not static, which means they don't stay in one place. For example, you could do a search today and that link would come up, but tomorrow that link may not work.

    ReplyDelete